Wednesday 8 April 2015

“If I will be the last man standing I will remain in PDP,” Senate President says

Mark also described the PDP members who have defected to the All Progressives Congress (APC) as fair weather friends.

Senate President, David Mark, has said that he would remain in the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) even if he is the last man standing.
Mark also described the PDP members who have defected to the All Progressives Congress (APC) as fair weather friends.

The Senate President made the statement on Wednesday, April 8, 2015, during a mass held at St. Mulumba Catholic Chaplaincy, Apo, Abuja, to mark his 67th birthday anniversary.
“Before I go and sit down I have heard by way of rumour to start with in social media that I am decamping to APC. Social media is awash with that. If I will be the last man standing I will remain in PDP,” Mark said.
“The rumour is just an unnecessary fabrication and I even heard that one of the papers yesterday had it as headline. The media men must please make sure they investigate cases before they begin to publish it,” he added.
“Those who are leaving PDP now are fair weather friends of PDP. So they have gone (and) they have no problem. When PDP bounces back in few years in the next couple of elections or next election they will come back again to PDP. So they will move. Those ones are not really the issues. “So, the point I want to make is that I remain in PDP and I will try to restructure PDP, bring it back again,” Mark said.
The Senate President made the comments in response to recent rumours that he was planning to leave the PDP in order to continue in his position.
Mark is likely to vacate the office due to the APC’s attainment of majority status in the Senate after the March 28 National Assembly elections.

No comments:

Post a Comment